Los Angeles, CA
LA Opera is seeking a key Development Officer who will focus on strategies and programs to identify, cultivate and steward individual prospects and donors while supporting LA Opera’s performances, public programs and special projects.
- Create and implement strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate and acquire new donors; renew and upgrade annual donors
- Solicit and secure four and five (and above) figure gifts for unrestricted and restricted uses
- Initiate contact and secure face to face cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors and prospects
- Employ good stewardship practices
- Manage and update portfolio activity in Tessitura (database)
- Draft donor solicitations and other correspondence
- Staff events and performances
- Work collaboratively with the development staff and other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have a BA or BS in a related field and 7 years development experience, preferably in individual giving for a non-profit arts organization. Candidates must have the ability to deal discreetly with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information. Experience with solicitation strategies, volunteers and board members is also necessary. Night and weekend work as needed and a passion for the performing arts is a plus.
Please send resume via email to: [email protected]
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.