The Electric Lodge
The Electric Lodge
The Electric Lodge is an incubator for the arts and the environment. Located in Venice and serving local and surrounding communities, The Electric Lodge is comprised of a 97-seat theater, a dance studio, rehearsal room and gallery, all with excellent parking. The Electric Lodge hosts a variety of multi-disciplinary cultural arts programs and events, including: specialized arts workshops, health/fitness classes, dance and music classes for adults and children, theater, dance, and music performances, film screenings and other opportunities for civic engagement and cultural exchange.
The Electric Lodge – Manager (Position Description)
The Electric Lodge is currently seeking a part-time Manager to work under the Executive and Artistic Director in its on-site office in Venice. Seeking candidates with a college degree and at least 3 years of arts management experience. Ideal candidates will:
Be Calm in all matters – Stay Calm and Professional under pressure.
Be a Self-Starter – with the ability to see the bigger picture while tracking the smaller details simultaneously.
Be a Team Player – Social by nature with a positive disposition with clients, customers and colleagues.
Be a Good Listener – who is able to take direction and execute tasks with precision.
Be Entrepreneurial – recognize opportunities and partnerships and think outside of the box.
Want to Invest in Creative Capital – have a passion for the arts and a desire to build upon a thriving center for the arts.
Successful candidates will have experience in:
- Non-Profit Arts Management
- Sales, Rentals and Contracts
- Rental Coordination
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Bookkeeping and Financial Management
- Facilities Management Coordination
- Office Management
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
The scope of the Manager’s work includes:
- Coordinating & Managing Rentals & Renters (scheduling, coordinating tech needs, contracting, customer service)
- Coordinating all aspects of Productions and Events
- Managing Facilities (making sure all the moving pieces flow together from event to event and are in working order)
- Managing Staff, Interns, Guest Producers and Technical Contractors
- Collaborating on Financial Management (bookkeeping skills are preferred)
- Writing Grants
All are welcome to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and reflective of a part-time position. Please send your resume and cover letter as one pdf document to: email@example.com with “Manager Application” as your subject heading. Please no phone calls or drops ins. Thank you.