Los Angeles, CA
JOB OPENING – MANAGER OF PROGRAM ADVANCEMENT AND ENGAGEMENT
Fulcrum Arts, a national leader in programs that illuminate the intersection of the arts and science, and one of the leading providers of services for artists in Southern California, has an opening for a new position: Manager of Program Advancement and Engagement. This full time, exempt position reports to the Executive and Artistic Director and will play a major role deepening and expanding access to Fulcrum’s signature programs: the Emerge Program, which supports ~85 independent artists, collectives, and arts organizations of all disciplines through fiscal sponsorship, professional development, and administrative services; the AxS Program, which consist of a Festival, residency program, and symposia; as well as providing core operating support. The person in this position will develop and implement strategies that will maximize the programs’ effectiveness, increase their fundraising capacity and visibility with diverse participants and audiences, assist with identifying and cultivating potential funders, and represent Fulcrum Arts at public events.
- Provide strategic fundraising consultation for 80+ fiscally sponsored artist projects including, but not limited to, crowd funding, individual donor giving plans, government and foundation grant research, and grant writing.
- Work with Fulcrum Arts Executive and Artistic Director in developing individual and corporate fundraising plans.
- Cultivate relationships with members of the cultural community, in accordance with our cultural equity plan, to identify potential new projects, venues and partners.
- Evaluate new project inquiries.
- Establish and maintain timeline, benchmarks and funder requirements for Fulcrum Arts programming.
- Administer professional development workshop series for both Emerge projects and other independent community arts projects.
- Provide strategic PR and marketing consultation for 80+ fiscally sponsored artist projects including, but not limited to, press releases, social media, and developing media contacts.
- Manage all Fulcrum Arts social media accounts.
- Manage Fulcrum Arts monthly e-mail newsletter.
- Write press releases and develop relationships with media outlets.
- Liaise between Fulcrum staff and various PR, marketing, and outreach consultants.
- Monitor program qualitative and quantitative outcomes and demographics.
- BA/MA degree or equivalent nonprofit management experience.
- Three to five years of experience developing, implementing and evaluating innovative program models. This should include experience fundraising and marketing for performances, exhibitions and other public events.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, including but not limited to grant writing, individual donor cultivation, and crowd funding.
- Proficient in using technology for database management, marketing, social media, and reporting.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Deep knowledge of local, regional and national arts community, with an understanding of diverse cultural traditions and disciplines; knowledge of international arts community helpful.
- $47,000 - $50,000 annually based on skills and experience.
- Monthly reimbursement of health insurance expenses after six months of employment, up to $200/month.
- One paid comp day per month after six months of employment.
- One-week paid vacation every year, with additional days accrued after the second year of employment.
This exempt, full time position is 5 days/week, with additional days as needed. Submit a letter of interest and resume, with names and contact information for three references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Program Advancement and Engagement – Your Name” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on Fulcrum Arts, visit www.fulcrumarts.org.