Rogue Artists Ensemble
Los Angeles, CA
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the fiscal and financial health of the organization. The Managing Director manages the administrative staff, including our Marketing Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Internal Operations Manager, Production Managers and Grant Writer. The Managing Director is responsible for tracking the internal budget and cash flow, working parallel with the Artistic Director who is responsible for artistic decisions. The Managing Director will also participate in monthly Ensemble meetings as a non-voting member to ensure they are aware of upcoming projects and current needs. The Managing Director will attend and help to organize quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
Compensation: $25 - $30 per hour, rate to be based on experience.
Commitment: Average of 15-20 hours per week, with certain weeks requiring more time pending projects and fundraising goals. Vacation and sick hours will be included, based on the number of hours worked. After a three-month probation period, the Managing Director will be offered a one year contract.
- Provides fiscal and organizational leadership for Staff and supports the Board of Directors.
- Drives efforts for long-term strategic planning and fundraising, ensuring that artistic vision and goals are in line with fiscal resources.
- A community representative, often working with partner organizations and funders throughout a project’s life.
- Works with Internal Operations Manager to manage day-to-day finances and accounting for the organization, including paying monthly bills, staff payments, and artistic payments.
- Maintains an accurate cash flow, prepares and presents budget reports at quarterly Board
- Meetings and provides monthly financial updates.
- Schedules and leads bi-weekly staff meetings; attends monthly ensemble meetings.
- Support the creation and execution of an annual fundraiser.
- Schedules a brief monthly check in with the Board Chair.
- Creates, negotiates and maintains all contracts and agreements.
- Provides administrative oversight to Production staff and Supervises Production Managers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- At least three years experience working in a not for profit arts organization or equivalent environment and the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to collaborate with artists and community members.
- Ideal candidates have experience in accounting (Quickbooks preferred), fundraising, the development of new works, maintaining budgets, and working within a variety of communities.
- The Managing Director must have a flexible schedule and work remotely from home with ongoing in-person (when safe) meetings.
About Rogue Artists Ensemble:
Founded in 2004, Rogue Artists Ensemble creates Hyper-theater: original, immersive, multi-dimensional experiences that celebrate the complexity and diversity of Los Angeles. We believe storytelling can be a powerful platform for social change, and we strive to include a multitude of voices and perspectives in the planning and creation of our work.
We are dedicated to building brave spaces for conversation, undergoing biannual inclusivity assessments and a commitment to equitable hiring practices. Rogue is currently developing an immersive theater app and exploring stories about a closeted stuntperson and the history of the sideshow.
Rogue Lab now in its third season is our playwright development incubator and helps to inspire the creation of new impossible plays. Many of our programs are offered for free and impact over 5,000 community members annually. Rogue Artists Ensemble is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
More info: https://www.rogueartists.org
View our Inclusivity and Diversity Plan https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vShM5KBbA46VrQl-DxW3efHBGRfMebJJeGIAqvThAPzyt4R3tLlOxx_in9w7hp4KYTJz9WE3TXLy7YS/pub
Position will remain open until filled. We expect the first round of interviews to begin in mid January 2022.