Look What She Did!
Los Angeles, CA
Look What She Did! is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission of rewriting history, one woman at a time. We do this by producing and disseminating filmed interviews with women telling stories of inspirational women who have transformed the world. What began as a small multi-media art project has emerged as a growing nonprofit with over 75 interviews, an interactive website, a sizable audience and a bright future.
Through our website (www.lookwhatshedid.com) and social media we convene a community celebrating women’s dreams and triumphs. We have a deeply committed staff as well as strong leadership in our Board of Directors.
The MANAGING DIRECTOR is a part-time position with flexible hours that works in tandem with the Executive Director (ED) to steward the long-term growth and stability of Look What SHE Did!
We are seeking a dynamic leader with nonprofit experience, start-up savvy and a passion for women’s empowerment. Candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire others with the power of our mission.
VISION AND LEADERSHIP TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE GROWTH
• With Board of Directors and ED, implement a plan for program expansion and income diversification.
• Build strategic program partnerships with organizations, funders, and leaders in the field.
• Develop new earned income revenue streams.
• Create regional and national brand presence by promoting our program and accomplishments.
BUSINESS ACUMEN WITH STRONG MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• With ED, ensure programmatic excellence and rigorous evaluation to achieve strategic goals.
• Oversee management systems (finance, human resources, fundraising, outreach, communications).
• Manage the office and daily business operations including monitoring cash flow.
• Supervise volunteers and consultants.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Board of Directors, event committees and other volunteers.
• Create and implement a fund development plan that includes individual solicitation, corporate solicitation and
grant writing in order to deepen and diversify contributed income.
• Implement annual crowdfunding campaign, overseeing an opening event, on-line fundraising and closing event.
The Managing Director will be committed to Look What SHE Did’s mission and have strong leadership and management skills. S/he will be an excellent communicator with the ability to develop relationships with supporters, contributors, and program partners. Proven ability to generate earned and contributed income. Candidate must have experience with financial management, marketing, public relations and fundraising. Nonprofit management experience required. Must be a self-starter, work independently, and fulfill this role as an Independent Contractor. Able to commit for two years.
PLEASE CONTACT: Lori@lookwhatshedid.com. Include: Cover Letter, Résumé, References and Writing Sample.