Brendan Ravenhill Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Brendan Ravenhill Studio is looking for the next member of our leadership team. The Managing Director at Brendan Ravenhill Studio ensures that the Studio’s departments are fully integrated, functioning not as independent silos but as multifaceted and dynamic entities that support, nurture and challenge each other.
The Managing Director is the Studio Director who thoroughly understands the inner workings of all departments and can therefore strategize and implement processes and systems that allow the Studio to function to its greatest potential. In doing so, the Managing Director helps bring the Studio’s stated Vision to life.
Reporting directly to the Studio Principal, the Managing Director is tasked with defining and executing the company’s business plan to ensure that the Studio can grow, prosper and pivot if needed. As such, they must keep a close eye on the Studio finances, update the budget accordingly, and create metrics and tools to accurately track future sales and income. Responsible for leading both internal and external growth strategies, the Managing Director must lead high-impact projects across departments and support the leadership team with actionable insights and data-driven recommendations. Not afraid to make the tough calls, they must at times be the “no” person, the voice of logic and reason in times of friction.
A team problem-solver, the Managing Director must support Studio members to be the best at what they do. The Managing Director must try to see problems before they exist and be the point person to resolve cross-departmental issues. The Managing Director must check in regularly with Studio members to ensure that Studio, departmental and individual quarterly priorities (Rocks) are aligned. The Managing Director must be able to hold people accountable for missed goals and ensure that the Studio is working to its greatest potential. Through a holistic understanding of Brendan Ravenhill Studio, the Managing Director leads the Studio in accomplishing its Vision, working through co-active trust across departments, and resolving issues quickly.
• Create and faithfully execute the company business plan and annual budget, achieving or exceeding planned Profit & Loss objectives.
• Effectively collaborate with the Studio Principal to stay aligned with the Studio Vision. • Help the Studio Principal realize ideas and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
• Lead, manage, and hold the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
• Ensure the leadership team is healthy, dynamic, and cohesive. This includes planning and running weekly Director’s meetings and quarterly Director Off-sites.
• Demonstrate a dependable and relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
• Integrate all major operating functions of the business to ensure everyone is rowing together in the same direction.
• Have a thorough understanding of all Studio activities and accounts to manage and focus relevant resources.
• Attend departmental meetings to establish priorities and provide guidance.
• Ensure that everyone is consistently following, and adhering to the company’s Core Values, processes and standards.
• Confirm that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization, and that everyone is in the know.
• Resolve issues effectively by seeing the problem, being comfortable with conflict, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner.
• Effectively lead the development and management of key projects while collaborating and coordinating across departments.
• Define strategic goals for business development and source new business to diversify and grow the Studio’s client base.
• Assemble and negotiate new partnership deals that create lasting value for both sides with a longterm focus in mind.
• Develop a deep understanding of new market opportunities and industry trends, assess risks, and recommend paths to entrance.
• Proudly represent the Studio and tell its story.
• Strategize personnel growth and help Directors to coordinate, recruit and hire new Studio members
• 5+ years of experience in operations, with 3+ years of management experience. Experience in manufacturing or design a plus.
• Bachelors in Business Administration or Master of Business Administration.
• Proven experience in leading and growing a business.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively delegate.
• Excellent and dependable organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and work dynamically with large teams.
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise, Excel and other programs to generate reports, inventory strategies and business plans.
• An ability and desire to lead through active support and dynamic coordination.
• A love of art and design and a deep desire to be an active member of that community.
If this sounds like you, please send your application to [email protected] Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries.
If this is your dream position, then impress us with a great cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem-solving skills (this can be a story, a process you implemented, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition, please provide the following:
• Two professional references
• Date you can start
• Compensation requirements