Heidi Duckler Dance
Los Angeles, CA
Company: Heidi Duckler Dance
Position: Managing Director
Position Description: Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) seeks an experienced, highly-skilled Managing Director to join the company’s leadership team. Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director and Accounting Manager, the Managing Director is responsible for supervising office staff, conducting administrative support and managing the organizational budget as well as HDD’s office facility. Heidi Duckler Dance is seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and organizational skills, leadership and management skills, and a passion for place-based dance performance.
Heidi Duckler Dance creates place-based performances that transform non-traditional spaces, providing learning opportunities and engaging diverse communities, in the belief that the arts can change our vision of the world and of ourselves. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support, office and facilities management.
- Supervise office staff, develop and implement HR best practices policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage organizational budget, monitor expenditures and ensure operations stay within budgets.
- Manage and ensure insurance and legal compliances.
- Serve as liaison between staff and the Board of Directors.
- Assist in grantwriting and fundraising as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, multitask, work independently, supervise a team, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of arts or nonprofit supervising, financial management, facilities management and HR experience.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Proficiency in database and financial software (e.g. OvationTix, QuickBooks) preferred.
- Based in and familiar with Los Angeles County and its various communities
Salary/Hours: Salary range of 65K - 85K based on experience. Managing Director will work full-time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm at HDD’s office in the Bendix Building in the Fashion District, with occasional evening/weekend hours on-site for programs as necessary. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, salary history and resume to [email protected] Include “Managing Director” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For hire beginning Friday, February 1, 2019.
HDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.