Los Angeles Theatre Center
Los Angeles, CA
Managing Director - Los Angeles Theatre Center
The Managing Director reports to the Board of Directors and works in partnership with the Artistic Director, as part of the theater’s management team. The Managing Director and Artistic Director work in a collaborative partnership to ensure operational integrity and programmatic excellence to support the mission of the Los Angeles Theatre Center.
The Managing Director is responsible for the success and sustainability of LATC funding and operations by providing overall business, administrative, and operational management. This includes responsibility for fundraising and development, marketing, financial planning, human resources, and board relations.
The Managing Director will develop, cultivate, and advance the relationship between LATC and funding sources, corporate sponsors, government agencies, elected officials, community and business groups, foundations, and arts organizations.
- A passion for theater that presents themes reflecting the diversity of Southern California
- Minimum 3 years of management/executive experience in a non-profit theater environment
- Proven track record of successful development and fundraising results
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, board members, and donors
- Be an effective communicator with excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in theater, non-profit management, or a related field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
The Los Angeles Theatre Center is a facility of the City of Los Angeles operated by the Latino Theater Company. In 2006, the Latino Theater Company was awarded a 20-year lease for the Los Angeles Theatre Center by the City of Los Angeles. In 2007, the building was re-opened as the new Los Angeles Theatre Center.
The Latino Theater Company's mission at LATC, is to provide a world-class arts center for those pursuing artistic excellence; a laboratory where both tradition and innovation are honored and honed; a place where the convergence of people, cultures, and ideas contribute to the future.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary.
Position is open until filled. Submissions will be reviewed beginning December 19th.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].