Beverly Hills, CA
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT MANAGER
The Marketing & Communications Content Manager role helps manage the implementation and execution of the strategic marketing plan, including sales and communications materials, and collateral to meet and exceed designated revenue goals, and enhance patron engagement. This position will report to and work in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications as well as collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager, external publicists and Ticket Services Manager. They will be responsible for managing and producing compelling marketing and PR materials to support the programs and initiatives for the department, as well as collaborating with and supporting the Marketing Director and other team members on projects as needed.
- 4-5 years previous experience in marketing and communications roles.
- 4-5 years’ experience in developing and designing compelling marketing assets and sales tools.
- 4-5 years’ experience in developing and implementing advertising campaign strategies.
- Excellent writing skills (please provide writing samples).
- Experience in producing and managing performance program book content.
- Ability to work under pressure in a faced-paced, energetic, and creative work environment and able to meet competing deadlines.
- Must be creative and have an understanding of the constantly changing performing arts and marketing industries.
- Experience in working with agencies and vendors.
- Experience in working with artists and their representation for collecting and approving marketing and publicity materials.
- Experience in working in non-profit arts environment preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software required.
- Bachelor of Arts degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage monthly program publication, subscription brochures, media materials, and all other types of communication assets for The Wallis.
- Research, develop, and maintain third party promotional partnerships and relationships.
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications to strategize and research how best to creatively market to and target potential audiences for events and/or productions.
- Research other arts and culture communications campaigns so as to ensure that The Wallis’ distinctive voice is being heard by a wide audience of differing ages, genders, ethnicities, etc.
- Manage and produce monthly performance program book pages with respective presenting partners, producers and artists. Review and edit for accuracy and consistency.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to develop and create compelling on-going web site and social media editorial content.
- Craft compelling content for monthly e-newsletter.
- Collaborate with external publicists to efficiently share necessary programming information for all communications and press needs.
- Collaborate with Development department to create materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Education department to create materials for The Wallis’ GRoW arts learning programs.
- Work with graphic design consultants on layouts for marketing materials, so as to ensure that the products are of the highest quality and that they adhere to the image/brand of The Wallis.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager and the artistic department to manage and help produce video materials and digital library content, so that the visiting directors, producers, artists, etc. viewpoints are properly represented to our audience,
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with the managing of all graphic design and website hosting agencies; advertising, third-party promotional, print, mail house and digital marketing vendors; and contractors.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
If you think that your qualifications meet the requirements of the job position, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].