Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
position title: marketing & patron services intern
reports to: marketing manager
part-time internship (15 hours per week) for a defined five month term (jan - may); modest
monthly stipend & parking/public transportation reimbursement
To assist the marketing department in effectively and efficiently managing the Orchestra’s day-to-
day marketing and box office functions.
scope & responsibilities
– The marketing and patron services intern assists the marketing department with marketing communications, including advertising, social media, preparation of brochure, program and website content; box office functions, including sales reports, renewal campaign and ticket mailings; and with general organization to ensure the efficiency of the department.
The marketing and patron services intern reports to the Marketing Manager and works regularly with the development and artistic administration departments.
– Assist with research, content and tracking of the social media and e-marketing campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, e-newsletters and LACO blog
– Assist with promotion of LACO’s Campus to Concert Hall All Access Pass for full-time college students
– Assist with preparation of brochure, program and website content including procurement and editing of artist biographies and photographs and preparation of repertoire listings for publication
– Maintain folders of all marketing mailings and advertising clippings
– Update weekly sales reports
– Assist with organization and tracking of subscription and single ticket sales and prospect card responses, and promotions
– Assist with subscription renewal and acquisition mailings, and acknowledgement of orders
– Assist with the preparation of tickets for mailing and/or will call
– Assist with acknowledgement letters for tickets donated back to the Orchestra
– Update venue sales weekly and after concerts
– Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for LACO’s marketing and patron services intern will be enthusiastic, creative and organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, sensitivity to deadlines and social grace. The candidate must pay meticulous attention to detail and possess the ability to respond efficiently, effectively and creatively to simultaneous challenges and opportunities. Candidate must be motivated, enjoy working as part of dynamic administrative team and possess team spirit.
Familiarity with social media, ticketing and/or arts administration is very desirable. Knowledge of orchestral repertoire is helpful. Solid computer skills including Excel are required. Intern may have the opportunity to assist at evening and weekend concerts and events.
Learn how a nonprofit art organization functions
Experience working in an office environment with staff members at all levels
Gain hands-on experience in marketing, emarketing, ticketing and patron services
Gain knowledge of the planning and execution of the subscription renewal, acquisition and single ticket campaigns
Please email resume, comprehensive cover letter and short (one page) writing sample to: email@example.com
about los angeles chamber orchestra
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is “America’s finest chamber orchestra.” (Public Radio International). Since its inaugural concerts in 1969, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra has established itself among the world’s top musical ensembles. Under the baton of prominent pianist and conductor Jeffrey Kahane since 1997, LACO maintains its status as a preeminent interpreter of historical masterworks and a champion of contemporary composers. In its 46-year history, the Orchestra has made 31 recordings, toured Europe, South America and Japan, and performed across North America, earning adulation from audiences and critics. LACO presents 7 Orchestral Series concerts both at Glendale’s Alex Theatre and UCLA’s Royce Hall, 5 Baroque Conversations concerts at Zipper Concert Hall and Bovard Auditorium, 3 Westside Connections chamber music concerts at the Moss Theater, an annual Discover concert at Ambassador Auditorium and an annual film event, featuring the Orchestra performing the score live. In addition, LACO presents a Concert Gala and several fundraising events each year. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles and managed by a staff of 14 full- and 2 part-time employees, LACO offers a collegial workplace and welcomes innovative thinking and initiative.