Musical Theatre West
The Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will ensure that Musical Theatre West maintains artistic prominence in the community through both traditional media and social media outlets, help to expand audience demographics and increase sales, and expand MTW’s consistent and unique brand that reflects both the live musical theatre experience and MTW’s position as a market leader.
Primary Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Serving as the lead staff person for developing, implementing and subsequent analysis of marketing and social media strategies for the company, including assimilating discussions and recommendations from both the staff and board committees.
- Coordinating the design concepts, layout, content, creation and distribution of all marketing materials relating to the company, including but not limited to season brochures, show postcards, posters, banners and flyers, print advertising, radio and /or television advertising, and online advertising. Ensuring that the presentation of all materials reflect the vision of the company, the essence of the show, and that the materials are accurate.
- Managing the overall design and content of the company’s online presence, particularly the company web site. Ensuring that website is updated regularly and that the information on the website is accurate and timely.
- Supervising the design, content and distribution of online and digital communications.
- Developing a marketing and social media schedule in accordance with the approved budget for each production and the season as a whole, providing regular reports to the General Manager, and making recommendations on how to target the marketing budget for upcoming productions based on previous shows’ outcomes.
- Collaborating with the Community Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator to create a master calendar of Marketing and Public Relations that serves as the framework for all scheduling regarding marketing and outreach, ensuring that deadlines are met, and recommending revisions to the calendar as needed.
- Coordinating and scheduling all marketing, press and archival photography and videography.
- Ensuring that social media accounts are maintained and updated.
- A willingness to embrace and further MTW’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Experience in marketing for theater and/or performing arts organizations
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Good writing skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- The ability to multitask several projects at the same time with similar deadlines
- Close attention to detail
- The ability to maintain diplomacy, discretion and/or confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Able to model positive communications and behavior working with staff and board members from diverse backgrounds
- Comfort with creating, maintaining and navigating databases
- Experience with ticketing software is helpful but not required
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, portfolio & writing samples to [email protected] by July 1, 2021.