East West Players (EWP)
Los Angeles, CA
Direct Report: PR/Marketing Manager
Position: Marketing Assistant
East West Players
East West Players (EWP) is a nonprofit organization with a mission of producing artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
The primary function of the Marketing Assistant is to support the activities of the PR/Marketing Manager and the PR/Marketing Department, with a special focus on social media and digital communications. This position is an hourly, part-time position; the weekly time commitment may range from 15 to 20 hours.
Traits and Characteristics
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create calendar, content/copy, and graphics for digital/social media campaigns.
- Create systems and recommend tools for social media management.
- Write/edit articles and administer EWP’s weekly e-news and general e-blasts.
- Manage promotion codes and cross promotions with partner organizations.
- Data entry of audience surveys and assist with the tracking and study of audience demographics.
- Maintain and update EWP’s website administered through WordPress. Research potential audiences and communities for productions.
- Assist PR/Marketing Department with administrative responsibilities, as needed.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Google Docs, and back-end operations on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Must possess excellent copywriting skills.
- Design experience (Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress) and video editing experience a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
TO APPLY (date posted 11/1/2018)
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Please make the subject line of your email “Marketing Assistant Position.” No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EWP provides all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.