Japanese American Cultural & Community Center
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Marketing Associate
Hours: 20 hrs/week
Start Date: October 2018
Job Type: Non-Exempt (Hourly), Part-time
Founded in 1971, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center is one of the largest ethnic arts and cultural centers of its kind in the United States. A hub for Japanese and Japanese American arts and culture and a community gathering place for the diverse voices it inspires – Japanese American Cultural & Community Center connects traditional and contemporary; community participants and creative professionals; Southern California and the world beyond. For over 30 years, JACCC has produced and sponsored a wide variety of festivals, events and performances. jaccc.org
Under the supervision of the Vice President of External Relations, the Marketing Associate is integral in developing the organization’s overall marketing strategy. From creating marketing materials to maintaining the day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media presence, the Marketing Associate will continuously collaborate with the various programs and departments across the organization to establish and execute a marketing strategy that will elevate the brand awareness of the organization. The position requires a creative mind, attention to detail, multi-tasking and more importantly, effective work organization and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops innovative and creative media content across the organization’s website and social media platforms that is in line with mission and long-term goals to ensure a cohesive social media identity
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media presence including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and all e-blasts
- Maintains organization’s website, ensuring it is up to date at all times and all information is accurate
- Responsible for printed and digital asset gathering, organization, and creation as needed for materials including but not limited to social media, promotional materials, advertisements, and quarterly brochures
- Oversees preliminary design of all printed materials related to the organization
- Maintains, updates, and implements marketing style guidelines as necessary
- Design and create the Annual Report
- Strong communication skills-both written and verbal
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Graphic design experience
- Proven ability to work independently with skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Professional manner and strong customer orientation
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs.
- College degree preferred.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to HR@JACCC.ORG. All applications received by October 5th will be guaranteed a review. No phone calls.