Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt)
East Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Music and Art School (LAMusArt) was founded in 1945 to provide youth in the community of Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles with safe and engaging arts programs during unsupervised after-school hours. Since its inception, its mission has been to provide equitable access to year-round, multidisciplinary, and after-school artistic programs for under-resourced students living in the community of East Los Angeles.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Associate is integral in developing the organization’s overall marketing strategy. From creating marketing materials to maintaining the day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media presence, the Marketing Associate will continuously collaborate with the various programs and departments across the organization to establish and execute a marketing strategy that will elevate the brand awareness of the organization. The position requires a creative mind, attention to detail, multi-tasking and more importantly, effective work organization and teamwork.
The successful applicant will have a passion for the arts, interest in helping under-resourced communities, and be both a collaborator and self-directed.
Marketing and Communications Associate
Location: 3630 E 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90063
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time Mon-Thurs 10:00am-2:00pm; 16-20 hours per week. Some nights and weekends
Compensation: $16-$20/hour; depending on experience and education
- Develops innovative and creative media content across the organization’s website and social media platforms that is in line with mission and long-term goals to ensure a cohesive social media identity
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s social media presence including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube channel and all e-blasts
- Maintains organization’s website, ensuring it is up to date at all times and all information is accurate
- Responsible for printed and digital asset gathering, organization, and creation as needed for materials including but not limited to social media, promotional materials, advertisements, and quarterly brochures
- Responsible for copy and content creation
- Oversees preliminary design of all printed materials related to the organization
- Maintains, updates, and implements marketing style guidelines as necessary
- Attend and support School-wide events and benefits
- Attend marketing or recruitment community events
- Design and create the Annual Report
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and ability to passionately communicate the impact of the School’s work
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred, but not required
- Strong commitment to personal and team excellence
- Deep appreciation for and personal interest in the arts, and understanding of their value and importance
- Ability to work under pressure, with grace and diplomacy
- Superior organization and attention to detail
- Graphic design experience
- Proven ability to work independently with skills to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Professional manner and strong customer orientation
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs.
- College degree preferred.
- A team player with personal attributes of honesty, integrity, persistence, flexibility, enthusiasm, curiosity, and self-awareness