Los Angeles, CA
MARKETING/COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT INTERN
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
The Marketing Intern will focus on MARKETING and COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT as part of the marketing efforts associated with Grand Performances’ 2018 summer season at California Plaza. The intern will conduct research on our artists and their fan bases and use this information to both promote the show to existing audiences, and to help identify and cultivate new audiences and community groups interested in our programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating fun and informative content throughout the summer on digital media, including support for Grand Performances’ social media platforms. Topics covered could include: detailing audience experiences, recognizing event sponsor recognition/engagement, providing insights on our artists.
- Working front-of-house at performances, including interacting with patrons at information cart
- Improving outreach to current GP stakeholders and identifying new audiences, partners and collaborators
- Attend weekly Grand Performances’ full staff meetings
- Preparing collateral material for shows
- Season brochure and program distribution
- General administrative duties to support the Communications team
- Current undergraduate student
- Must be available to work evening and weekends at all performances
- Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your feet
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills - Proficiency in Social Media - Understanding of Photoshop and other creative programs
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be excited to engage with artists and the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
$530/week for a 40-hour workweek ($13.25/hour)
10 weeks between June 4 – August 24, 2018
Student eligibility for internship positions is limited to current enrolled undergraduate college students who reside or attend college in Los Angeles County. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 1, 2018 or will complete their undergraduate degree between May 1- September 1, 2018 in order to be eligible to participate. Students who have already earned a BA, BS or a higher degree are not eligible. Students who have previously participated in the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program are not eligible to participate a second time. Candidates are welcome from all areas of undergraduate study and are not required to have demonstrated a previous commitment to the arts.
How to Apply to Internship
To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to [email protected], subject line: Marketing & Community Engagement Intern. No phone calls please. For more information about Grand Performances visit our website www.grandperformances.org.
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. 179 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at 127 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations and municipal arts agencies throughout LA County. In addition to their full-time 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in educational events as part of the program, which is funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at https://www.lacountyarts.org/opportunities/arts-internship-program-students/about-arts-internship-program-students