Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Marketing Strategy Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
INDIRECT REPORTS: Outside vendors, Department Interns
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time/40 hours a week/Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends required
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
COMPENSATION: Hourly, Commensurate with experience
About The Company
We entertain. We create. We engage. We inspire. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, Center Theatre Group provides the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it’s pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting all general marketing efforts across Center Theatre Group’s three theatres, including subscription and patron loyalty campaigns, single ticket advertising and promotions, marketing programs and events, eblasts, and collateral. The Marketing Coordinator will act as a project manager for consumer-facing campaigns, working with internal departments (including graphics, artistic, production, institutional advancement, and communications) to bring projects to successful completion while being on-time and on-budget.
In addition, the Marketing Coordinator functions as the internal administrator for the marketing team, overseeing the department’s project management software, providing scheduling and administrative support for marketing leadership, and supporting the overall day-to-day operations of the marketing department.
- Be the in-house lead/expert for the internal project management system, including program timelines, deliverable tracking, budgeting, logistics planning, archiving etc.
- Process department expenses & invoices; prepare expense reimbursement and credit card reconciliation for Director of Marketing and Marketing Department; ensure vendors are paid on time.
- Work closely with Creative Director and graphics department to traffic & route marketing and advertising materials as necessary; maintaining project timelines
- Work closely with communications department to brief eblast requests, route drafts, and coordinate schedules with editorial calendar
- Manage the post-show audience feedback system; send out weekly reports and as necessary
- Provide scheduling assistance as needed for Director of Marketing and department meetings, events, and activities
- Maintain marketing collateral inventory, storage and regularly scheduled distribution
- Work with Marketing Strategy Director to execute audience loyalty & retention campaigns, including email and direct mail marketing and “surprise & delight” gestures for patrons when attending the theatre
- Assist Marketing Strategy Director in developing subscription renewal and acquisition appeal calendar, working closely with the Ticket Sales Director and sales teams in Audience & Subscriber Services, Box Office, and Priority Services
- Execute communications, materials, and assist in event planning for marketing programs (FreePlay, The Crew, The Backstage Club, American Express Card Member Performances, etc.)
- In consultation with Marketing Strategy Director, Ticket Sales Director, and others, develop ticket offers to promote and increase single ticket, account sales, and subscription sales
- Manage creation of marketing materials such as eblasts and flyers to promote Account Sales offers.
- As needed, work with outside vendors to successfully complete marketing campaigns (including print & mailhouse)
- In coordination with marketing team, track and review marketing & advertising appeal results
- Maintain office supply inventory for marketing department and place orders as necessary
- Maintain and distribute regular department reports, presentations, and ticket sales trackers
- Prepare agendas and staff for Board Marketing Committee meetings. Take notes and prepare minutes for such meetings.
- Schedule travel for marketing leadership if necessary
- Perform light clerical work, as needed, including research, filing, correspondence, data entry
- Work as a team member with the entire marketing staff on department events, including promotional activities, account sales events, opening nights, and more.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, assist with the management and development of departmental interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
The successful candidate will be an innovative and critical thinker with some experience in marketing and promoting live entertainment. They will be a self-starter with an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial spirit, yet can work collaboratively with many different departments on multiple, concurrent projects.
Other Key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Passion for the arts and interest in the theatre
- Detail oriented; highly organized and with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with projects & partners competing for attention
All employees are required to pass a background check.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source, etc.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.