The Pasadena Playhouse
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator (Salaried, Non-Exempt)
Organization: The Pasadena Playhouse
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
About the Playhouse: The Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the new leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 648-seat main stage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, the Playhouse will continue to be a leader in the theater industry.
About the Position: Pasadena Playhouse is looking for an exceptional individual to provide support to the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure the proper execution of all marketing activities. As the backbone of the department, the Marketing Coordinator is always available to assist with projects and ensures that everything gets done on schedule. Must have the ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Support the marketing team in the execution of print materials and advertising creation, direct mail, distribution, press needs, promotions, and more
- Facilitate the collection of information for, and creation of Programs and Stuffers for every production
- Maintain archive of show materials, programs, advertisements, etc
- Assist with event preparation, set up, execution, and clean up
- Track all budget items, complete and submit invoices and reconcile monthly expenses
- Track and traffic graphic designer requests and projects
- Take meeting notes and disseminate with clear action items
- Collect and disseminate weekly marketing updates
- Coordinate off-site meetings and conference calls as needed
- Provide database and reporting support as needed (Airtable and Tessitura)
- Manage all forms and templates for the department including expense forms, event forms, routing documents, etc.
- Oversee on-site signage needs for the organization
- Process donation requests for other non-profit fundraisers
- Complete marketing research as needed
- Maintain brand style guide and formatting standards
- Manage storage/organization for graphic design materials and institutional assets
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department and the organization.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. One to two years in marketing or office environment. Proficiency in G-Suites and Microsoft Applications. Ability to work with and support a team.
Supplemental Functions: Perform other duties as assigned. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Working Conditions: No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment; regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package include medical, dental, life insurance coverage and PTO. Start date is immediate.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] No phone calls please.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.