Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
The Marketing Coordinator performs a wide variety of administrative work requiring responsibility, initiative, accuracy, diplomacy, tact, and problem solving skills. This position works effectively and collegially with a broad range of staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates the execution of exhibition media plans for; print, out-of-home, digital, broadcast, collateral, signage.
- Assists in the development of media and creative briefs, content creation, and post exhibition marketing campaign reports.
- Coordinates all collateral and signage distribution across both institutions.
- Routes and traffics advertisements internally and externally; consolidates and compiles edits for marketing materials.
- Works collaboratively with digital marketing and communication teams to ensure campaigns are integrated.
- Updates media schedules to help teams meet deadlines; develops and coordinates production timelines to ensure timely distribution of materials.
- Processes invoices; assists with tracking of marketing budgets; creates financial reports.
- Traffics materials and maintains production schedules for external print and signage vendors, mail houses, collateral distribution companies and other vendors, as needed.
- Assists with research of media and industry trends.
- Supports email marketing initiatives as needed.
- Performs administrative duties (photocopying, filing, mailing).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Work Experience: At least two years of experience in museum work, administrative assistance, marketing and/or advertising.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, project management tools, and customer relationship management systems.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships.
- Ability to take direction, manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and take initiative.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Knowledge of art is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
COFAM is committed to advancing career opportunities for a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent, centering equity and inclusion across all aspects of our recruitment strategy.
Step 1 - Start of the pay range is $25.30 per hour.
This is a union position eligible for the Museums' benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance plus a generous time off package.
Application Deadline: Friday, 9/24/2021
If you require an alternative method of completing this application please contact [email protected].