Los Angeles, CA
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
The Marketing Intern will focus on MARKETING and COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT as part of the marketing efforts associated with Grand Performances’ 2019 summer programming in Downtown Los Angeles and other community sites. The intern will conduct research the performing artists and their fan base as well as GP community partners and use this information to both promote the program to existing audiences, and to help identify and cultivate new audiences and community groups interested in our programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
Creating relevant and informative content throughout the summer on digital media, including support for Grand Performances’ social media platforms. Topics covered could include: detailing audience experiences, recognizing event sponsor and community partner recognition/engagement, and providing insights on our artists;
- Working front-of-house (public facing/customer service) at performances, including interacting with patrons at information cart; distributing audience surveys; and other collateral (marketing) material - Improving outreach to current GP stakeholders and identifying new audiences, partners, and collaborators
- Attend weekly Grand Performances’ full staff meetings - Preparing collateral material for shows - Program brochure distribution
- Uploading programming content to online platforms (i.e. calendar listings, etc)
- General administrative duties to support the Communications team
- Current undergraduate student
- Must be available to work evening and weekends at performances
- Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your their feet
- Must possess strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Social Media, primarily Facebook and Instagram
- Understanding of Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Google Drive and Dropbox a plus
- Must have good attention to detail and follow through
- Enjoy engaging with audience, partners, and artists all with a professional demeanor
400 hours between June 1, 2019 - August 25, 2019
Internship positions are open to currently enrolled undergraduate college students who:
- Are currently enrolled as undergraduates, including students enrolled in associate’s degree (community college) programs.
- Are residents of Los Angeles County attending college outside of the region or currently attend college in Los Angeles County.
- Are able to legally work within the United States.
Students who are on track to complete their undergraduate degree, or transfer from a community college to a four-year institution between May 1- September 1, 2019, are also eligible.
The following students are not eligible:
- Students who have already earned a BA, BS or a higher degree.
- Students who have previously participated in the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program.
How to Apply to Internship
To apply, please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Marketing & Community Engagement Intern. No phone calls please. For more information about Grand Performances, visit our website www.grandperformances.org.
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. More than 130 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at over 100 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations throughout Los Angeles County. In addition to their fulltime 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in several educational events as part of the program, which are funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.