Los Angeles, CA
Hailed as the “Best Free Outdoor Summer Concert Series” by Los Angeles Magazine and called “a grand gift to the public... democracy in musical action” by the Los Angeles Times, Grand Performances presents high-quality music, dance, theater, and more at the breathtaking California Plaza in the heart of Downtown. For more than 30 years, Grand Performances has delivered the best of global culture to inspire community among the diverse peoples of Los Angeles, and reflect the many cultural interests across the region.
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
Director of Development and Communications
The Marketing Manager is a year-round position responsible for assisting with developing, executing and maintaining marketing related materials and activities in order to generate and sustain audiences, and promote organization’s brand reputation with all stakeholders including funders, media and general public. Exempt status
Duties and responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day marketing activities.
- Manages the implementation and execution of an integrated marketing plan.
- Administers development, distribution and maintenance of Grand Performances print and electronic collateral including but not limited to the annual report, brochures, newsletters, programs, website and new media.
- Manages overall GP design needs.
- Manages social media strategies, in collaboration with independent communications consulting firm, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, GP newsletters, and GP Blog.
- Cultivates and implements cross-promotional strategic partnerships with area businesses, community organizations, other performing arts venues, affinity programs, professional networking groups and others.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with independent marketing/communications consultants.
- Coordinates brochure and program distribution.
- Develops systems for tracking and measuring campaigns and assets to test effectiveness of activities.
- Advances communications vehicles to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities including but not limited to information cart, event signage, slideshows, surveys, social media campaigns.
- Administers audience engagement initiatives and surveys.
- Coordinates the documentation of events in all forms, including but not limited to new and traditional media, photo and moving image.
- Administers creation and delivery of advertisements, slideshows and other marketing materials.
- Supports Grand Performances’ brand with key target communities, cultural institutions and service agencies.
- Collaborates and facilitates fundraising and programming initiatives, including but not limited to sponsorship fulfillment and reporting and off-site program activation.
- Monitors market trends both online and traditional and recommends changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Manages Marketing Interns and their projects.
- Provides additional managing and communication of volunteers.
- Facilitates copy writing in communications materials included but not limited to brochure, programs, promotional copy in advertisements and newsletters.
- Administers/monitors dataset upkeep and integration.
- Brings knowledge to all areas of the organization.
- Coordinates and delegates on-site event vendor and partners.
- In coordination with Development Department, ensures that sponsors and donors are receiving appropriate recognition on marketing materials, including the season brochure, social media platforms, slideshows, and other collateral. This includes recognition for grant fulfillment.
- Manages Marketing Department calendar.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience, knowledge, training and skills related to communications, journalism or related field
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- A minimum of three years experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- Excellent organizational, planning, scheduling and analytical skills
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized
- Innovative thinker; must be self-motivated
- Excellent and persuasive communicator; exceptional written, oral and presentation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; collaborative quality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, board and guests
- Computer, graphic and new-media skills including experience in the following software applications (and/or applicable): EMMA, SquareSpace, and Canva,
- Ability to work a wide variety of shifts including afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays and substitute when needed
- Passion for Grand Performances’ mission
- Frequently communicates with artists, vendors and staff in person, on the telephone, and on the computer
- Frequently sits at computer and uses hand and fingers
- Occasionally walks, stoops, kneels, bends and reaches; frequently during the summer season
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to ten pounds when moving equipment and supplies
- Marketing Intern(s)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted. Grand Performances is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.