Santa Monica, CA
At least $50,000
Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, the Marketing Manager will build and execute on the organization’s annual marketing strategy, with focus on the opening of the new Cayton Children’s Museum in spring 2019. The role will work closely with museum, educational, gift shop and program staff to develop thoughtful, creative and innovative strategies to grow our support base through social media, online and digital communications, advertising, special events, community outreach and partnerships, and other traditional marketing channels. The Marketing Manager will also support development in donor cultivation and acknowledgment opportunities, as well as facilitating key funder programs through content generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceives and implements museum marketing and program initiatives, with the goal of building brand awareness and integrity, driving memberships and visitations, and establishing a consistent, all-inclusive, and playful identity.
- Creates and executes on a strategic social media plan, including developing a weekly calendar, drafting copy and identifying photography to align with key initiatives.
- Plans, aggregates and enters content into Mailchimp for e-newsletters and all email communications, padding in time for approvals.
- Oversees design and production of collateral material including social media and campaign graphics, newsletters and digital communications, web banners and advertisements, fliers, museum calendar, and invitations and evites. Works with external designers to create digital graphics and templates, as needed.
- Manages and monitors website, making necessary content and program updates.
- Manages Google Analytics and Google for Nonprofits account, reporting progress to team on a bi-monthly basis. Uses these tools to guide future efforts and suggest shifts in strategic direction when necessary.
- Manages editorial and content development for marketing and digital educational programs tied to museum funding.
- Spearheads marketing for all special events and fundraisers, public programs, classes, camps, workshops, and birthday parties.
- Manages all organizational assets and brand materials for internal and external use, ensuring timely updates and consistency. Communicates updates and changes to staff in a timely manner and ensures adoption organization-wide.
- Manages and coordinate with outside photographers to capture key moments, support campaign and marketing initiatives, and for archival purposes.
- Acts as final editor on all external communications.
- Works with Director of Philanthropy to maintain donor acknowledgment tools and generate new ideas for donor cultivation and appreciation.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the fields of marketing, social media or publicity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, email and social media marketing tools.
- Graphic design experience, preferred.
- Photography skills, a plus.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple departments to build a cohesive marketing identity.
- Familiarity of latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Shows commitment to the mission, vision and values of ShareWell and Cayton Children’s Museum.
Full medical benefits, paid vacation and sick leave
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to Carly Harrill at email@example.com with subject line “Marketing Manager”. No phone calls please.