Long Beach, CA
This is a salaried position with full benefits. Range $45-50k D.O.E
Dramatic Results, a non-profit educational agency, is looking for a digital storyteller and marketer to help grow community awareness. A 25-year old agency that builds collaborative learning environments integrating hands-on artistic experiences with STEM and ELA. Dramatic Results’ focus is on under-served and at-risk youth, particularly in Title 1 schools throughout Los Angeles County. We are looking for a proactive, self-starter who is driven by ideas to activate our marketing efforts. Our ideal candidate is comfortable telling marketing stories through a wide variety of formats, working within the limits of a small team to repurpose content, and drive continual and program-specific campaigns to increase awareness. We’re adding this storytelling/marketing element to our current programming efforts to eventually build up an active base of community volunteers and donors.
- Oversee the creation of Marketing content to help tell the Dramatic Results story, including promotional materials, web content, blogs, press releases, brochures, etc.
- Manage annual/monthly editorial calendars for social media, web, and email presence
- Interact with and engage social and email contacts to promote audience growth
- Develop and grow the official Dramatic Results and Executive Directors’ Twitter accounts to better reach educators
- Brainstorm ideas to grow, develop, and engage the Dramatic Results community of volunteers and donors
- Collaborate with Dramatic Results’ staff to build campaigns to support new programming initiatives
- Develop the Marketing plan for Dramatic Results’ Community Arts space
- Develop Media plan to generate local press coverage to better market programming efficacy for new school districts
- Take photos and videos of DR programs/events, as well as interview students, teachers, and families
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; comfortable working with numbers, metrics, and spreadsheet
- Up-to-date with trends and marketing best practices
- Highly creative with the ability to think out of the box
- Pro-active, self-initiating in all marketing efforts
- Related experience in Marketing, Education, or Nonprofit work
- Experience with any of the following tools/software: Social Media management software (SproutSocial, Buffer, Percolate), Blogging Tools (Wordpress, Squarespace CMS), Email Service Providers (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, CovertKit)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or Canva
- HTML, CSS skills
- Event Planning
- Project Management experience
Education & Background
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing
- College Degree preferred
Day in the Life
Help yourself to the office coffee and settle in. Check in with the Dramatic Results team to see what the current programming schedule is. Communicate with teaching artists and Dramatic Results staff about collecting impact stories to inspire marketing content creation. Work to develop marketing materials to support Dramatic Results’ brand, like taking impact stories and repurposing them into press releases, blogs, social posts, and eNewsletters. Make sure we’re on track with the editorial calendar for our social channels, email newsletter, and blog. On a slow day, proactively pitch Dramatic Results’ efforts to local media to generate coverage or research digital marketing strategies and initiatives to make sure we’re current. And, work to coordinate an event in the Dramatic Results’ Community Arts space or attend a board meeting. Smile, knowing that your work impacts kids all over Southern California.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your résumé, two work references and cover letter to Ryan Nuckolls at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: May 18, 2018.
Dramatic Results is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.