Long Beach Opera
The Marketing & Patron Services Associate is responsible for the day-to-day relationships with LBO audiences, through handling all the box office activities and through coordination and execution of LBO’s marketing and communication activities. This entry level, non-exempt, position works closely with and reports to the Head of Experience & Partnerships and works with other members of the LBO team to ensure clear and engaging interactions with broad components of the LBO community They also ensure a smooth and carefully managed box office experience for patrons ranging from student attendees to single ticket buyers to subscribers and major donors. This position requires an individual who possesses excellent administrative skills, facility with learning and using databases and spreadsheets, creative communications skills—particularly in digital spaces, as well as comfort and confidence in dealing with patrons. LBO is an internationally regarded, niche cultural organization with a small and highly-energized team and support base. Building relationships and understanding the LBO culture is essential to the success of this individual. Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment is essential, as well as high levels of attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to fully realize their skills within a creative, vibrant arts organization. This is also an opportunity for someone who is comfortable working across multiple departments with teams working on a range of projects at any given time. Working closely with and reporting to the Head of Experience & Partnerships, there will also be opportunity to discuss strategy as well as researching new tools, services, and methods that make up core parts of the organization. Due to COVID-19, the position is working in a hybrid state between remote work and in-office. LBO is in compliance with Long Beach City Health Department orders, and the position requires working occasional nights and weekends for events and performances.
Marketing & Communications
● Creatively work with senior staff, consultants, and press representatives to create messaging
and strategies to promote LBO’s brand, programs, and events
● Implement the marketing/communications calendar, and provide reports on
accomplishments and reminders to involved staff regarding deadlines and workflows to ensure on-time accomplishment of tasks
● Manage social media calendar through creative and dynamic posts to all social media outlets
● Work with marketing partners in agreements with consultants, other arts organizations, and civic partners
● Ensure consistency in communication messages from the organization to external and internal constituents
● Maintain marketing budget and expense records
Patron Services & Box Office
● Engage as the primary customer service representative to LBO patrons at all in-person,
phone, or email touchpoints
● Serve as the primary ticketing representative at events
● Provide regular reports on ticket sales, patrons, etc.
● Collaborate with the production department on seating charts and requirements in a variety
of unusual performance locations
● Collaborate with the production and development departments regarding front of house
setup and management at LBO productions and events
● Manage LBO’s volunteers for events, including special events and performances
Other duties as assigned.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing/communications, arts administration, business, nonprofit administration, etc.)
● Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a performing arts organization
● Advanced knowledge of communication tools and social media platforms
● Proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) apps; Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office apps; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Proficiency in using a database and record maintenance
● Proficiency in design software; Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, etc.
● Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
● Ability to organize and prioritize work
● Passion for the arts and LBO’s mission
● Flexibility in working across departments, being assigned duties as needed
● Ability to remain calm in fast-paced environments
● Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends