A Noise Within
Los Angeles, CA
The Master Electrician works directly with the Lighting Supervisor and assists in the building of the rep plot, updating paperwork, leading crew calls & collaborating with designers for any lighting effects needed. This position reports directly to the Production Manager. Please send all resume’s and cover letters to email@example.com.
This is a part-time position and the hours vary from week to week depending on the needs of the production schedule. We hope to transition this position to full-time within the next year should we find the right candidate. The starting rate is between $18 - $23 DOE.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in theatrical lighting required. Experience in other performance related areas strongly desired.
- Ability to specify and secure outside services and materials to support A Noise Within productions as needed.
- Ability to draft in Lightwright and/or Vectorworks highly desired.
- Ability to plan and facilitate in problem solving.
- Strong communication skills with professional artists and renters.
- Able to supervise and direct crew activities.
- Able to show initiative and work efficiently in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and work habits.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Consult with the designer(s) on overall scope of show(s).
- Responsible for assembling or obtaining the required documentation and resources for each production. (Light Plot, color/template info, channel hook-up).
- Perform basic electrics maintenance during the run of the rep.
- Oversee the build of any elements using practicals in the production.
- Supervise the installation of all lighting equipment, ensuring that it is installed in a safe manner.
- Work with Resident Lighting Designer to create rep plot.
- Attend all electrics load-ins and strikes.