Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
POSITION TITLE: Membership Associate
REPORTS TO: VP, Membership and On‐Air Fundraising
STATUS: Regular, Full‐Time, Non‐Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a friendly Membership Associate to join our diverse and growing organization. If you enjoy maintaining accurate data, building relationships with viewers, and collaborating in a team environment, then send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet‐connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor‐supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in‐person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Membership Associate will support the Membership Department by managing member communication, updating membership records, supporting live pledge nights, providing excellent customer service, attending and promoting station events, and completing other tasks, as assigned.
- Build relationships with donors through online, on‐air, and in‐person communications
- Respond to questions and concerns from viewers, donors, and the general public
- Oversee data management of incoming donations and member information
- Assist with live pledge by training volunteers and troubleshooting issues
- Collaborate with the Membership team and other departments to accomplish the station’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of 3‐5 years of professional work experience is preferred
- Development or customer service experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Comfortable learning new software and systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 9, 2019.