Consulado General de México en Los Ángeles
Los Angeles, CA
See terms and conditions and & submit your artwork
Self and Identity /works by women artists
35x35: Annual group exhibition held at the Mexican Center for Cinematic Arts and Culture featuring works by 35 LA-based visual artist, filmmakers, writers and musicians who are under the age of 35. The purpose of this annual exhibition is to showcase the diversity of young talented women while also creating connections between the artists.
This year the open call will be directed to women, for them to address the concept of identity and equality by answering one of the following:
Who am I? American? Latina? Hispanic? Mexican? Asian? Citizen of the world?, etc..
How can art contribute to create awareness of the importance to bring equality between women and men?
Can art help women to achieve a stronger presence in the world?
Can art empower women?
The Mexican Center for Culture and Cinematic Arts of the Mexican Consulate in Los Angeles is a space that promotes Mexican culture. A place where art and cinema meet, with a gallery and a movie theater, where art exhibits and high-quality projections are presented. The CCCM is a platform for emerging artists who work in the Mexican cultural milieu.
Selma Holo, Director, USC Fisher Museum
with co-curator, María Galicia, Education and Programs Coordinator, USC Fisher Museum of Art
All other categories: music, film and literature
A committee will be appointed by the Mexican Consulate.
VENUE AND GALLERY HOURS
Center for Culture and Cinematic Arts (CCCM), Los Angeles, CA- The show will take place at the cultural center of the Mexican Consulate in the MacArthur Park neighborhood.
2401 W 6th St. Los Angeles, CA
Grand opening- September 10th, 2019}
August 15th, 2019
Artists Notified of Curators Selection
August 29th, 2019
Artist Drop Off Accepted Works
September 6th, 2019
September 10-October 29th, 2019
September 10th, 2019
Literature & Music Night
September 26th, 2019
Short film Selection Night
October 3rd, 2019
Artists Pick Up Works
October 30th, 2019
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
This exhibition is open to women under the age of 35, who reside local to the greater Los Angeles area. Original works in 4 distinct categories: arts, music, literature, film.
NO ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION FEE
Art submissions will be part of the full length of the exhibitions, while music, literature, and film will have a one day performance (Dates listed above) alongside the exhibit. Artwork must be original and can be in the following mediums drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, ceramics, wood, paper, textile, fiber, enamel, glass, metalsmithing, collage, and mixed media.
Provide images of artwork via email. Images must be PC compatible, JPEG format and 300 dpi. File name should include the artist full name and title of work. Example: FULLNAME_TITTLE OF WORK.jpg
All selected works must be ready for presentation. Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware and wiring installed. If necessary, any special installation instructions must accompany the accepted works.
INSURANCE & SHIPPING The Consulate General of Mexico, CCCM, and curators will not assume liability for loss or damage or artwork during transit or while at the exhibition. Artists may secure their own insurance.
Artist is responsible for delivering accepted work to the CCCM and picking up artwork on October 30, 2019.
By entering the selection process the artist agrees to have their work available September 11-October 30th, 2019 for the duration of the exhibition. The artist grants the organizers permission to photograph for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
Entries will be selected on technical merit, aesthetic quality, creativity and how well the subject interprets the concept. All decision made by the curators is final. The curator reserves the right to disqualify any artwork misrepresented by digital files or work that is not supported by adequate installation mounting and hardware.
- 1 image per artwork in .jpeg format, 300dpi.
- A signed and completed entry form.
- Artistic statement: the creative vision for each work, maximum 100 words, word document file.
- Artist short bio, maximum 100 words, word document
- For short film submissions, any narrative, documentary or animation with a total running time of less than 35 minutes are eligible for short submission. International and domestic films are eligible. Must be related to the concept questions.
- Submissions shall be submitted through FilmFreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/CCCMLA). It is your responsibility to ensure that your online entry contains correct information and is properly submitted. We are currently only accepting submissions via Vimeo web link only. If your video is password protected please include the password and be sure not to change the password for the duration of the decision-making process.
- Any poem(s), short stories (fiction or creative non-fiction), please include work’s title and word count in the document. Up to six poems and two short stories are accepted per submission.
- Any genre, please submit and .mp3 file or an .mp4 if preferred. The applicant must be available to perform on the date assigned (listed above).
MAIL ENTRY FORM ELECTRONICALLY
Roberta Barcena, Cultural Affairs
Call us at 2133516824
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org