Angel Flight West
Santa Monica, CA
WHO WE ARE
Angel Flight West is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization that arranges free, non-emergency air travel for children and adults with serious medical conditions and other compelling needs. Our network of 1,400+ pilots throughout the 12 western states donate their aircraft, piloting skills, and all flying costs to help families in need, enabling them to receive vital treatment that might otherwise be inaccessible because of financial, medical, or geographic limitations. Angel Flight West has been in operation for over 36 years with 80,000 flights and continues to ascend to new heights!
Mission Operations Coordinators are responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of arranging free air and ground transportation with our volunteer pilots, commercial airline partners and volunteer drivers. This requires a resolute approach to answering phones and emails, while multi-tasking numerous daily responsibilities, data management and overall flight logistics. Mission coordinators work closely with social workers, medical professionals and other non-profits in arranging over 4,800 flights a year for life-saving treatment, special needs camps and other compelling reasons. Position requires a great deal of empathy, while at the same time maintaining a great deal of objectivity.
- Mission-driven & hardworking: The ideal candidate will be mission-driven and able to join a dedicated team of coordinators and volunteers who are passionate about removing transportation as a barrier to health and hope. Proactive and can-do attitude a must!
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: Must have ability to handle high call and email volume in a professional and prompt manner. First line of communication with healthcare professionals, volunteers, and people from a wide variety of social and economic backgrounds in need of our services.
- Team player & Multi-tasking: Small office environment working closely with a group of coordinators and volunteers. Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively. Must be able to work efficiently and enthusiastically within a collaborative coordination team and organization as a whole.
- Proven attention to detail: Attention to details is critical in the daily operations and safety of our flights. Must be able to work well under pressure when workload demands and meet timelines while maintaining the highest level of accuracy in data management.
- High level of computer competency: Similar to a small airline, Angel Flights are coordinated using a customized database management system and applicant must have high level of computer literacy. Well-rounded proficiency with Microsoft Office, internet savvy, and data entry/management duties. Experience in WordPress, Salesforce, and social media platforms a plus!
- Sense of Humor: We are a close and professional team, but we always take the time to support and appreciate each other and our achievements.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in social work, non-profit, communications, public health or similar field.
- Must be available for full-time position. Location in Santa Monica, CA.
- Knowledge of general aviation is helpful but not required.
- Spanish-speaking is helpful but not required.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following items: resume, cover letter, and salary expectations. We will reach out to you accordingly. Please do not call for updates.