San Pedro, CA
Exceptional Children's Foundation
Wanted: Mixed Media/Painting Instructor (San Pedro, CA)
We nurture gifted artists with developmental disabilities. Our success is due to the chemistry between the Artists and Art Instructors who use their personal art making process to guide our artists through their projects.
We are looking for individuals who:
1. Are skilled in a variety of 2D media, but are not completely obsessed with technique
2. Are intuitive, creative, and can think outside the box with 2D projects
3. Can take initiative
4. Have an extensive 2D portfolio and strong work ethic
5. Love contemporary art and have knowledge of contemporary artists
6. Are patient
7. Love working with people and are comfortable with adults with Developmental Disabilities
8. Are willing to be trained
The following skills are required:
1. Demonstrated experience with a variety of mixed media techniques
2. Specialization in 2D media including painting, drawing, collage, textiles, bookmaking, papermaking, printmaking, etc.
3. Can organize and maintain a busy, professional art studio
1. Primary schedule of Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 3:30pm
2. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, vacation, and sick time
3. $12 - $15/hr DOE
4. Freedom to create your own lesson plans
5. The opportunity to assist with curating exhibitions in our Downtown Gallery
6. Opportunities to network within the local art scene
7. A nurturing and creative environment
ECF Art Centers is an adult program of the Exceptional Children’s Foundation, a nonprofit organization founded in 1946 to help children, students and adults with special needs reach their greatest potential. We provide studio space, art supplies and mentorship to artists living with intellectual disabilities. We presently operate four art centers in the greater Los Angeles area. ECF Art Centers staff are tirelessly committed to giving all of our artists the highest level of training and professional representation.
Please go to our website to get know us: WWW.ARTCENTERECF.ORG and our gallery website is: WWW.DACGALLERY.COM
We are a non-profit, but the environment is creative and we allow a lot of freedom with our projects. We are looking for working artists with an extensive portfolio. A primary part of our consideration will be based on your portfolio.
Send your resume, cover letter, and 5-10 images of recent printmaking work to: HR@ecf.net & CRoethlisberger@ecf.net
For large images and portfolios please upload to file share application and share download link or convert to .zip file.
Please do not call. We will contact you if we are interested in interviewing.