Pasadena Museum of California Art
Reports To: Executive Director
Type of Position: Full-time, salaried/exempt with benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week, at least one weekend day, occasional evenings
The goal of the PMCA Museum Store is to generate profitable revenue while supporting the Museum’s mission. The Museum Store and Visitor Services Manager is responsible for providing a high level of service to all Museum visitors, and for the overall operation of the Store and management of Store staff. The Museum Store and Visitor Services Manager must be an independent self-starter, have a positive can-do attitude, and a background in managing staff and working in a team environment. A bachelor’s degree is required, with minimum 3 years of retail experience including a supervisory role. The ideal candidate will have excellent accounting and business knowledge combined with a strong visual sense. Requires frequent standing, bending, and lifting.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in retail store management (preferably a museum store) including sales, customer service, merchandising, scheduling and training, financial management, inventory control and loss prevention.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred fields Business Administration or Art History)
- Strong computer skills (Mac and PC), including Microsoft Office and POS systems
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, able to handle multiple responsibilities and remain focused under pressure
- Creative thinker
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills
- Goal-oriented with the ability to analyze data and provide action-oriented plans
- A friendly and approachable manner, outgoing and personable, able to motivate staff to achieve their best performance, and to respond calmly and graciously to feedback and complaints.
- Clearance of a criminal background check
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Second language
- Use of Social Media and experience with digital tools and websites
- Knowledge of art and design
HOW TO APPLY
Resumes and cover letter should be emailed to:
Phone: (626) 568-3665, ext. 15