Woodland Hills, CA
RX Music is the Nation's leading custom background music provider; providing customized music to high-end bars, restaurants, hotels, and retail stores around the world.
We have an immediate opening for a Music Consultant. The Candidate will be working within our Programming Department and will oversee the creation and updating of playlists for our esteemed clients, as well as maintain a positive, professional relationship with them. The position will report to and perform duties under the direction of the Music Programming Director.
Requirements, among other duties as required, will include consulting with and designing playlists for clients, selecting appropriate musical content, updating existing clients, and implementing client requests.
The successful Candidate must:
- Have a broad knowledge of multiple music genres, including the associated culture and lifestyles of respective clients
- Be a highly motivated, reliable team player
- Have excellent communication skills – appropriate email etiquette – very comfortable sending multiple follow-ups and keeping others apprised of work flows
- Have an excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Be highly organized and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment,
- Have the ability to interact effectively with various levels of personnel
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Strong music industry relationships/contacts
- Be Passionate about Music!
- Excellent Research Skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience with Scheduling software an considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of various World Music considered a strong asset
We offer a competitive salary (D.O.E.), an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to our Director of Music Programming, Ben Birchard (email@example.com) for consideration. Only those considered for the position will be contacted