The Los Angeles Youth Orchestra
Los Angeles, CA
Position: Music Librarian (Part-Time)
Date posted: May 8, 2019
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Compensation: Dependent on experience
The Los Angeles Youth Orchestra (LAYO) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit music education organization comprised of students ages 8-18 years old who reside in the greater LA area. LAYO consists of two ensembles, Ruth Borun Concert Orchestra (intermediate) and Symphony Orchestra (advanced) led by Artistic Director and Conductor Russell Steinberg.
LAYO rehearses on Sunday afternoons from August through November and January through April at the Encino Community Center in Los Angeles, with concerts in November and April. Additional rehearsals occur as needed for tours, special events and salons.
The Music Librarian will report to the Artistic Director and Orchestra Manager and is required to attend Sunday rehearsals as needed. College degree or equivalent work experience required.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing all music librarian duties including preparing all parts and scores for each orchestra based on the repertoire for each semester, as well as tours, special events and additional performances
- Preparing audition and sight-reading excerpts for auditionees and preparing audition folders for adjudicators
- Uploading all music and excerpts online each semester for rehearsals and auditions
- Printing larger scores for rehearsals
- Arranging rentals from publishers as necessary
- Maintaining and organizing Filemaker music library database and physical music library materials.
- Maintaining archive of audio and video recordings
- Choose and provide music for chamber ensembles for special event performances and chamber music events
The Los Angeles Youth Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. LAYO seeks to develop a diverse candidate pool and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
Please prepare a cover letter that describes your specific interest in the Los Angeles Youth Orchestra and outlines your qualifications for the position. Please submit with a resume, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references. All applications will be treated as confidential and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement. Please submit application materials via email to [email protected]
For more information, visit our website at: www.losangelesyouthorchestra.org.