Havaya Arts is a high-quality arts and summer camp experience. Here, vibrant Jewish communal life enhances our art, which in turn enhances Jewish life and identity. It’s where kids become the best versions of themselves. We are looking for an experienced Music Teaching Artist to lead our music studio courses this summer. Based on-site at University of Redlands (Redlands, CA), this musician will support our joyful, welcoming, and progressive Jewish community where campers grow as intentional artists and amazing human beings.
The Music Teaching Artist will provide meaningful instruction in both studio and (possibly) elective classes (approximately 4-6 hours of instruction time per day) as well as engage in our larger camp community. The Music Teaching artist is responsible for collaborating with the camp directors on curriculum, engaging with counselors and other staff, helping to shape their cohort of campers, and supporting the mission of “camper driven, original art.”
Qualified Candidates Will:
- Have a degree (or equivalent) in music; advanced degrees strongly preferred
- Be currently working in a musical field
- Have significant (3+ years) relevant teaching experience
- Possess an openness to weaving Judaism and our core values into their studios
- Have experience, and a love of, working closely with kids
- Be excited about working in a collaborative, immersive environment
- Have experience with multiple instruments, voice and composition (strongly preferred)
Expectations for All Staff Members:
At Havaya Arts, our staff community is built on trust and compassion. To that end, we expect that all staff members, regardless of position at camp, to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Participate fully in camp life.
- Elevate the fun and joy of being at camp and making art.
- Strive to know the names (and stories) of every member of the community.
- Ask open-ended questions.
Salary is $5,000-$7,000 based on experience.
Teaching artists will be provided housing and meals on campus during the entire seven-week contract, June 14-August 6, 2019.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter with artist statement and teaching resume to reuben@HavayaArts.org. The subject of the email should read “Teaching Artist Application”. If you have a digital portfolio or website, feel free to share as well!
No calls at this time.