Cinnabar California Inc.
Cinnabar is a fabrication company that builds almost anything and everything for the world’s most innovative architects, artists, brands, museums, and theme parks. Based in Los Angeles, we are located in the epicenter of artistic, architectural and technological innovation. Our team of 70+ highly skilled designers, engineers, and craftspeople have been at the forefront in those fields for 39 years and counting.
We seek an ambitious individual to provide Business Development support for Cinnabar’s long-term growth. The ideal candidate for this role has experience or significant interest in the museum, fine art, and/or themed entertainment industries. They will also have the curiosity and resourcefulness to investigate and pursue business in relevant fields where we do not currently or frequently work. Our ideal candidate is inquisitive, self-directed, proactive, and agile.
The New Business Coordinator should also be a confident, creative, and productive copywriter. They will work with the Bid Manager to develop customized copy for proposals and collateral, as well as general communications with prospective clients. This person will work closely with the CEO to identify and pursue new business opportunities and partners across a range of industries.
- Conduct market research and identify potential clients
- Research, beta test, and recommend new CRM Database/Software
- Implement new CRM Software, manage staff training, and company roll-out
- Support Bid Manager in the layout and copywriting of RFPs, RFQs, and other business collateral (e.g. decks and presentations) as needed
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated success with lead generation, relationship building, and increasing earned income
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of staff, management, and clients.
- Excellent English-language copywriter
- Proficiency in InDesign, PowerPoint and/or Keynote, and Microsoft Office
- A background in marketing or business development is required. Familiarity with AEC, TEA, design, museums, or similar industries is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel is required
- Experience with CRM systems
Working at Cinnabar
Our 65,000-square foot shop is buzzing with new and unique projects. We are constantly learning – new methods, new technologies, new industries, and we invest in the growth and development of our employees. Past and current clients include the Smithsonian Institutions, Universal Creative, and Walt Disney Imagineering. The Business Development role is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is approximately $60,000 - $70,000 based on experience and a demonstrated record of success in similar roles. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401k, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.