Sculpture Conservation Studio
Los Angeles, CA
The candidate will be joining a small team that provides care for objects, artifacts, and historic architecture for a wide range of museums, foundations, municipal, and private clients. They will undertake a dynamic position and perform all aspects of conservation treatment for projects in both indoor and outdoor environments. They will be responsible for the cleaning and repair of projects, photographic documentation, and the creation of treatment reports. Additional office support in submitting proposals, bids, and research will be necessary. Ability to interact with clients and the public with dexterity and passion for conservation is desired.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree from an accredited college/university in art history or related field is required.
- Have had up to 3 years of hands-on experience in working in institutions centered on cultural heritage, objects conservation, or historic preservation.
- Have an extensive knowledge of materials and/or have completed lower-level chemistry coursework.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and demonstrate good time management.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Mac platform and basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Can lift and handle up to 50lbs individually and be familiar with basic workshop and conservation tools.
- Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.*(The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made).
Salary is competitive and includes health payouts, vacation and holidays.
Interested parties should submit their letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to the Sculpture Conservation Studio Manager: Meghan Pursell - as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.
The Sculpture Conservation Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, military status or any other protected class.