Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation
Studio City, CA
The Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation keeps music alive in our schools by donating musical instruments and vital support services to under-funded music programs nationwide, giving economically-disadvantaged youth access to the many benefits of music education, helping them to be successful students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Foundation’s Office and Finance Manager will make sure that the work environment and financial operations are excellently maintained, and join a small, dedicated team that does BIG things.
- Reconcile accounts; generate P&L statements, fundraising progress reports and quarterly budget comparisons; assist program and fundraising staff with budgets and expense reports; preparation for annual audit
- Payroll and accounts receivable and payable
- Maintain relationship with CPA ensuring all audit control procedures and documentation is in place
- Assist CEO, board treasurer and chair with preparing yearly operating budget
- Maintain and file state registration renewals
- Regularly update CEO and Program Director about general operations and current projects
- Be prepared to report about finances at board meetings
- Review/implement office policies that are in line with best practices
- Maintain office records: human resources, keep organized filing systems; review/implement procedures for secure recordkeeping
- Maintain insurance policy renewals and ascertain adequate coverage
- Keep up with office supplies and other staff needs
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three years of related work experience, nonprofit experience is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Strong financial skills
- Highly organized, ability to handle multiple priorities, track projects and meet deadlines
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
- Hours: Exempt- 40 hours per week
- Medical and dental benefits
- Salary DOE, starting at $45k
How to Apply
Email resume only to [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: NO PHONE CALLS! NO SOLICITATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS!