The Philip and Muriel Berman Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
This is a three (3) days per week role to manage the day-to-day operations of a small family office and to perform administrative functions related to the effective management of The Philip and Muriel Berman Foundation (PMBF).
Include, but are not limited to: providing reception and general office support, providing administrative/clerical support to the Executive Director and program staff, and maintaining the optimization of The Philip and Muriel Berman Foundation.
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the Executive Director, Board Chair, and Program Staff
- Open, sort, and route all incoming correspondence and process outgoing mail
- Purchase and track all office supplies; manage all vendor and office management relationships
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for staff, Trustees, and guests of the Foundation; answer/transfer calls and greet visitors in a professional manner
- Plan and arrange logistics for all meetings of the Foundation’s Board, Committees, Board Chair, and staff; includes food and beverage ordering, set-up, break down, and clean up
- Schedule Foundation Board, Committee and other meetings of the Foundation; maintain organizational calendar and contact list
- Prepare Board of Trustees and Committee Meeting materials
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare concise, accurate and timely minutes of key Foundation meetings
- Answer routine inquiries about the Foundation’s grantmaking programs and priorities, including deadlines, guidelines and proposal review process; field general inquiries via phone and email and route communication to appropriate staff
- Assist the Executive Director, Board Chair, and Foundation staff with special projects as requested
- Process approved grants after each Board meeting or as directed using the grants management database, to include requesting checks, preparing initial drafts of cover letters and grant agreements for Executive Director review, and generating transmittal and funds acknowledgment letters
- Manage ensuring the accuracy and completeness of each organizational and grant record; upload, purge, maintain, and archive electronic and paper files of all grant documents
- Serve as primary point of contact for applicants and grantees who need assistance in utilizing the Foundation’s grants management system for submission of applications and reports
- Track grantee payments and reports due, sending reminders to grantees and program staff as needed; confirm application and reporting materials are complete when submitted
- Verify applicant and grantee funding eligibility; provide other support to program staff as needed such as analyzing applicant/grantee financial reports and compiling and analyzing grantee performance data
- Pull and analyze reports from the database for Executive Director and program staff to review (e.g. upcoming payments, grantee reports due, disbursements by year, geography, or grant category)
- Work to enhance, streamline, and improve grants management processes, improve the functionality and user-friendliness of the grants management system, and increase efficiency in the use of staff time
- Coordinate with the Art Program staff member to obtain proper documentation for 990PF and any necessary reporting
Qualifications and Education
- Advanced computer and office skills required, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of database systems required; familiarity with grants management systems strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills required, both written and oral
- Minimum of five (5) years professional office experience or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Other Skills and Capabilities
Strong documentation skills and close attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work without supervision in a small office environment. Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on time. Ability to multitask and manage time well. A professional and welcoming demeanor both in person and on the telephone. Ability to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality. Personal qualities of integrity, strong work ethic, and dedication to the mission of the Foundation. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com with the Subject Heading: Administrator Application. No phone calls please.