Musicology Services Firm
Marina del Rey, CA
International musicology services firm in Marina del Rey, West Los Angeles, seeks a part time office assistant to work 10–15 hours per week.
Job Description: Assistant works with members of the Music Staff and the President to facilitate essential day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment. Tasks include banking, basic accounting, invoicing, filing, travel arrangements, correspondence, client contact, telephones, and mailing.
- Must have BA or equivalent 4-year degree or be matriculating student
- Have and drive a vehicle and possess an active driver’s license and clean driving record—mileage used in work reimbursed
- Prior experience in a business office setting
- Background in literacy-related tasks, including alphabetizing, filing, basic arithmetic, spelling, and grammar
- Technological literacy, with intermediate to advanced abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must commit to working at least 12 months, including school vacations and summers
- Strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail
- Academic concentration in business, technology, music industry, or law
- General familiarity with music technology and basic music terminology a plus, but not required
Initial compensation is $15/hour during a detailed training period, followed by a raise as responsibilities and independence increase.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, résumé, and list of at least three references with detailed contact information to [email protected].