The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, The Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four divisions: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Colburn Dance Academy.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Position Summary: Responsible for a variety of mailroom and office services operations (e.g., mail services, supply ordering, records retention, furniture inventory, special projects). Work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Mailroom responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Shipping & receiving
- Internal collection and distribution of mail
- Email notification of packages for pick-up to residential students
- Postage metering for domestic and international mail, maintain deposits in postage meter
- Preparation and tracking of FedEx, DHL, other couriers as needed
- Updating all mail boxes
- Accept and distributes parcels from large volume mailers, couriers, and contractors.
- Recommending most cost efficient mailing or shipping method.
- Office supplies for faculty and staff
- Stocking of copier rooms and high use printer locations
- Maintain inventory of standard office supplies
- Verify orders received
- Deliver supplies to faculty, staff, copy rooms
- Inventory and maintain logo stationary
- Records Retention Files and Storage
- Preparation of materials to be sent or retrieved from off-site, records storage vendor
- Training of faculty or staff in preparation of records to be stored off-site
- Maintenance of records retention documents and files
o Take copier usage reading and prepare monthly summary
o Basic trouble shooting for copiers (fixing paper jams, adding toner and staples)
o Liaison with contracted copier company for service and follow-up to ensure repair is completed.
Furniture Inventory and Move Assistance
o Maintain inventory of unused furniture
o Organize storage room of furniture
o Using Visio, design initial layout of furniture
o Coordinate and move furniture when appropriate.
o Assist with move planning and move oversight
o Research and suggest appropriate disposition of unneeded furniture.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Other related duties as assigned
- Prior experience in a mailroom a plus.
- Must be dependable, well organized with strong follow-through and follow-up skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk around facilities and be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. With the ability to correspond in-person, by phone, and via e-mail to business matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Good people person with the ability to work with all levels and all types of personalities.
- Open minded and innovative with ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work overtime on occasion.
Excellent salary and great benefits including medical, dental, vision retirement and more!
Apply online at: