Los Angeles Valley College Art Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Valley College Art Gallery serves as a resource for students and the greater community of the San Fernando Valley. Presenting ambitious visual arts exhibitions, lectures and collaborative partnerships, we provide a dynamic platform for dialogue, inquiry, and discovery.
We are excited to announce an open call for artist submissions. We are interested in work that embraces our mission and meaningfully contributes to our campus community. Submissions for solo and group exhibitions will be considered for the 2020/21 academic year.
To be considered, please submit the following as a single pdf along with a $25 application fee to help offset administrative costs.
Fee is payable though our college Foundation, a registered 501c3:
Please include the memo “art gallery submission”.
Materials as a single pdf:
1. Current resume
2. Artist statement
3. A detailed proposal of exhibition
4. 10 images or link to 5 minutes of time-based or media work with a description contextualizing the work
5. Artwork identification including title, medium, size, year
6. Please indicate if you are interested in being considered for a group exhibition if you are not selected for a solo.
7. Site-specific projects should include a sketch or drawing
Please email materials to Jenene Nagy, Gallery Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Works will be insured while on site. Artist is responsible for shipping to and from the gallery. A small honorarium is available to help offset costs associated with the exhibition.
Application materials due April 30, 2019.
Find us online at: http://lavc.edu/arts/artgallery.aspx
And on Instagram @lavcartgallery