Jewish Women's Theatre
Have your piece featured in this new theatre work being produced across Los Angeles, highlighting the voices of today’s generation!
We are looking for short stories, poems, songs and short plays inspired by the evolutionary journey of finding where we belong. Whether searching for community, embracing shelter, grappling with tradition or venturing into the unknown, home is personal and powerful to us all. Share with us your unique take — what does it mean, physically, emotionally, and/or spiritually, to find your way home?
When submitting material, consider the following parameters for your submission:
- Please check the themes of the season and submit accordingly. We will not accept late submissions this year. Thank you!
- Please make sure your name and title of your work appear on your submission.
- An element of Jewish resonance is important, but your submission does not need to feature being Jewish as the prominent theme or subject.
- Feature women or a woman’s point of view, but not exclusively. Male characters are welcome.
- Short one-acts (10 minutes max) and monologues (7 minutes max) are preferred. Will read full-length, but unlikely will produce.
- 1500 words or less preferred
- Must be topical for the 21st century. While we consider plays set in another time period, we mostly select contemporary pieces.
- Small cast a must. One-person shows okay.
- Previously produced or published work is welcome. Please include production and/or publication history. A new version of a classic or an adaptation from another medium would definitely be of interest.
Although the primary focus of JWT is on the writing, music is often a part of our events. We encourage composers, song-writers, and performers to submit individual work. Musicals are welcome.
Email submissions by March 16th, 2019 to [email protected]