The Main Museum of Los Angeles Art
Los Angeles, CA
The Main Museum is a new institution focused on LA art and artists slated for 4th and Main in Downtown Los Angeles. Its precursor, Beta Main, will function as a test site for The Main and will be activated with a variety of programs starting this fall.
Reporting to the Director of The Main Museum, the Operations Assistant is responsible for a range of administrative and project-driven tasks related to coordinating and managing all
museum facilities and production.
- Work closely with the Program Manager by providing essential facilities staff support at public programs and events
- Manage and operate all audio visual equipment for public programs and events
- Collaborate with the Program Manager in the coordination of way finding and signage for The Main Museum and for specific programs and events in Beta Main
- Organize and file appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory filings with appropriate government agencies
- Create and maintain project tracking systems to monitor and document progress against objectives, timeline, and budget
- Collaborate with existing building team as needed on facilities issues including HVAC, lighting, and plumbing
- Assist with procurement and ordering of essential supplies for the programming and administration of Beta Main
- Research, request quotes, and work with vendors to determine the best available resources and provide ongoing feedback to the Director
- Create and maintain a directory of vendors, including bids and work history
- Maintain and organize records and files related to operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of experience working in facilities and operational departments in cultural institutions
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Experience assessing and troubleshooting AV needs
- Ability to effectively coordinate and work with outside teams
- Thorough knowledge of equipment operation, design, and methods
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS platforms, including Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel; experience with Photoshop a plus
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends is required
- Bi-or-multilingual a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “Operations Assistant”as the subject line. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The Main Museum.
The Main Museum of Los Angeles Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.