Santa Monica Conservancy
Santa Monica, CA
The Santa Monica Conservancy is a small, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the benefits of historic preservation in the community through education and advocacy. We are headquartered in the Preservation Resource Center at 2520 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
The Conservancy seeks an energetic, dependable and self-motivated Operations Coordinator for a 6-month contract position to coordinate and oversee day-to-day operations at the Conservancy's Preservation Resource Center. The Operations Coordinator will report to the President of the Board of Directors and the position may be extended beyond 6 months at the Board’s discretion.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks
- Coordinate and oversee day-to-day operations at our Preservation Resource Center, including visitor services, preservation inquiries, volunteer management, and facility maintenance;
- Systematize and maintain the Conservancy’s files and records, supervise post-award grant administration, and generate monthly reports on operations and issues for the Board of Directors, as well as annual reports for the city, donors, and other organizations;
- Support the Conservancy’s tours, workshops, and outreach programs by coordinating logistics, producing printed materials, and preparing post-event summaries;
- Update and maintain the Conservancy’s docent manuals, volunteer handbook, and policies and procedures manual;
- Assist the Board’s Executive Committee with special projects, as assigned and agreed, which support the Conservancy’s mission and help build capacity.
Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Demonstrated experience as an Operations Coordinator or other similar position requiring excellent organization and time-management skills; experience managing volunteers is highly desirable.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication abilities; Spanish is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, expecially Excel and mail merge capability; working knowledge of Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable.
- College degree from an accredited institution or comparable experience.
- Interest in Santa Monica history and historic preservation, and broad awareness of the Santa Monica community.
Budgeted at 80 hours monthly, primarily during regular business hours or as otherwise mutually agreed.
Commensurate with capabilities and experience.
March 22, 2018
How to Apply
Send a resume, references and cover letter explaining how you might be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about the Santa Monica Conservancy and its programs, see www.smconservancy.org.