Brendan Ravenhill Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Brendan Ravenhill Studio is a design firm located in the Glassell Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. Our studio specializes in lighting, furniture and product design. Since its founding in 2010, the studio has explored material, function, and manufacturing methods to create a body of work that we hope you love. Our products are devoid of excess and ornament, striving for a logical celebration of physics, material and craft. We are inspired to create in a world already full of things because we believe that well designed objects embody original ideas. We find great reward in making thoughtful work and we’re proud to build all our products in the U.S.A.
The Operations Director is responsible for directing the flow and consistent improvement of the entire production-focused operations system. This person must know the mechanics of production operations to such an extent that they can anticipate and solve problems before they happen; rectify mistakes and provide solutions efficiently; maintain and improve the quality of products; as well as lead and educate multiple teams on best practices. The position demands great leadership skills, high attention to detail, in-depth understanding of in-house production and manufacturing processes, macro problem solving skills, clear communication and a high proficiency for multi-tasking.
- Staffing the Pre-production, Production, and Post-production teams.
- Directing work flow through the entire Operations Department.
- Quality control.
- Intra/Interdepartmental synergy.
- Bulk and custom order strategizing.
- Company development in collaboration with the Director’s team.
- Passion for, and experience in, creating and implementing production systems for efficiency.
- 5+ years experience in operations or manufacturing, with 3+ years management experience.
- Excellence in communication across departments and mediums.
- Ability to work through problems physically, or to “think with one’s hands”.
- Ability to lead a team with clarity, confidence, and care.
- A desire to mentor team members, offering guidance and leadership.
- Ability to communicate strongly, persuasively, and clearly with fabrication vendors.
- Familiarization with lighting safety standards, particularly UL and IEC.
- SolidWorks, SketchUp, Revit, and QuickBooks Enterprise Inventory experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please send your application to [email protected]. Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries. If this is your dream position then impress us with a great cover letter, full of character and devoid of typos. We care more about who you are than what you've done.
In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem-solving skills as it pertains to organization (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition, please provide the following:
- Two professional references
- Date you can start
- Compensation requirements