18th Street Arts Center
18th Street Arts Center (18SAC) is a hub for artistic innovation that actively nurtures the work of contemporary artists from all disciplines at various career stages. Through our multi-tiered residency program, 18SAC supports artistic creation, innovation, collaboration, and growth.
We fulfill our mission through two key programs: 1) a Residency Program that fosters inter-cultural collaboration and dialogue, and 2) a Public Program that engages the public through exhibitions with supporting events and publications. We host 30+ visual and performing artists from the United States and abroad annually and are one of the largest artist residency centers in the nation. And we provide long term studios to LA Based artists year round. 18SAC is also home to several arts organizations, which add to the vibrancy of the arts center including, Highways Performance Space, Dance Alive, and EZTV. During our 33 year history, 18SAC has served over 8,000 American artists and over 600 international artists from 61 countries.
More information here: www.18thstreet.org
- Provide leadership in managing the facilities for the organization
- Communicate in a timely manner with artists-in-residence about their stay with us
- Plan and oversee scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs
- Maintain, implement, and update operational policies and procedures
- Oversee facility-specific budgets, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Ensure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Track and collect rents from tenants
- Make bank deposits
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with our vendors and contractors
- 5 years experience in multi-tenant facilities management, or related field
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Experience with general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among staff, artists, and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid understanding of building facilities systems
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 with benefits
Deadline to Apply: June 15, 2021
To Apply for the position please upload the following documents to our application form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a111fd5d1e284902bfe0831777de5954
Three professional references