Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Operations Manager to join our Los Angeles based team. Under the supervision of our VP of Business Operations you will manage all aspects of property operations for our Los Angeles and San Francisco offices including but not limited to facilities supervision, exhibition installation, auction and event setup/breakdown, photography coordination and property movement, loss/damage management, storage and logistics. You will manage our Crew Members, temporary and preview workers, third party contractors and co-manage IT technicians. Working in conjunction with VP of Business Operations and US Shipping Manager you will ensure the best in service and operations standards.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all set up and breakdown of exhibitions, auctions and events, keeping in mind deadlines, budgetary requirements and ensuring the highest of standards.
- Work with VP of Business Operations to maintain standards, implement and manage procedures for all security, janitorial requirements, building, salesroom, warehouses, postal and waste maintenance contracts, facility and vehicle maintenance, and supply purchasing.
- Supervise and budget for service requests and touch-ups, and stay one step ahead of future repairs.
- Act as liaison and manage all operations needs on site as directed by the VP of Business Operations and US Shipping Manager.
- Hire, train and manage the Operations Crew responsible for general facilities labor and for all aspects of property movement to include but not be limited to; property receipt and photography, exhibition set up and breakdown, buyer and vendor property collection, and storage. Keeping in mind the overall budget, identify times when third party or part time assistance is needed and hire and train accordingly.
- Work with VP of Business Operations and Director of People to address disciplinary matters and work on proper action plans
- Work closely with the Photography Department to coordinate schedule of photography space; maintain clear communication with the Director of Catalog Production and Photographs regarding large scale projects and offsite shoot logistics.
- Establish and coordinate operational needs and procedures with all internal departments, meeting deadlines and budgets
- Be responsible for property loss and damage procedures, prevention, reporting and training.
- Coordinate with US Shipping Manager, the management of interoffice, domestic and overseas logistics and all third-party storage partner location.
- Manage third-party storage partner relationship and the pre and post-sale storage program including all associated administrative functions.
- Act as liaison for independent shipping firms, contractors and clients including all associated administrative functions and Health and Safety requirements.
- Act as dotted-line supervisor and as back up for IT related issues and ensure proper IT set up for auctions and events in the absence of the IT Coordinator.
- Travel as needed for the coordination of logistics for incoming large consignments, or for offsite exhibitions or sales.
- Continuously identify and propose improvements and develop recommendations to streamline work processes, enhance services and maximize profitability.
- Take the necessary actions to satisfy internal and external client concerns in a timely and cost-effective manner. Escalate client issues to supervisors as needed.
- Responsible for all property, company assets and building security.
In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, facilities management, engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in facilities/operations management, project management and staff supervision.
- Familiarity with safety rules, construction documents, operating and maintenance instructions and service agreements and procedure manuals.
- Must be a supportive manager and team player, able to address new challenges and maintain a level head under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Detail oriented and extremely well organized.
- Proven ability to successfully set priorities, meet deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to manage and manipulate sizeable amounts of data accurately.
- Must be a self-starter and function well both independently and as part of teams.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint, Office365, and online databases.
- Calm and professional demeanor with staff and clients.
- Certificates or licenses to conduct training in fire safety: CPR/AED, OSHA and life safety programs is helpful.
Salary commensurate with experience, Bonhams offers excellent benefits including a variety of health plans, PTO and a 401(k) plan.
- Application materials needed (cover letter, resume, link) as well as application contact information:
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Operations Manager in the subject line.