Job Title: Operations Manager (Full-Time Salary, Exempt)
Organization: The Pasadena Playhouse
Department: Administration & Facilities
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
About the Playhouse: The Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the new leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 648-seat main stage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, the Playhouse will continue to be a leader in the theater industry.
About the Position: The Operations Manager is responsible for supervision and management of all buildings, safety and security, and outside rentals & special events. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration and works closely with the Production Department to ensure a safe environment and the smooth operation of all non-mainstage events. This position supervises the Facilities Staff (in-house custodians and outside contractors) and serves as the Chief Safety Officer for the Organization.
Facilities Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate installations and repairs of infrastructure
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Schedule and supervise facilities staff
- Schedule and supervise outside maintenance and building contractors
- Review utilities consumption and prioritize and strategize to minimize costs
- Oversee all maintenance & facilities requests
- Order facilities supplies
- Maintain key log, order keys, etc.
- Update and maintain door codes for all entrances to theatre and administration
Rentals/ Events Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary contact for all outside rental inquiries
- Perform site visits with potential clients to introduce them to the space and gain more technical insight into their needs for the events
- Coordinate with Production regarding availability and technical needs
- Write contracts & organizational documents to facilitate smooth execution of rentals/events
- Pull equipment & inventory to set up and execute rentals & events
- Organize & run all non-main season production events
Chief Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Advance the company's safety initiative and meet Cal OSHA safety requirements
- Monthly inspections/ assessments of all areas to ensure we are meeting or set to meet safety goals
- Perform analysis and forecasting of future safety needs and prepare estimates of funding needs
- Monthly online staff training
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position in theatrical production
- Well-versed in technical equipment, technical operations and facilities management best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Ability to act quickly and make decisions
- Ability to handle high-stress, emergency situations (earthquake, fire, storms, etc.)
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) desired but not required
Working Conditions: Ability to work long hours and work with a flexible schedule. Must be willing to work at heights, around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration and dust. Ability to work safely in an environment containing potentially hazardous electrical equipment, fumes, vapor, gasses, and/or materials. Must possess sufficient strength and stamina to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting, bending, standing, climbing, and/or walking.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Benefit package includes medical, dental, life insurance coverage and PTO. Start date is immediate.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as attachments to email@example.com. The subject line of your email must read: Operations Manager Resume. No phone calls please.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.