The Outreach Representative will be responsible for expanding the presence of Columbia College Hollywood and generating qualified leads via college fairs, high school presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects quality, workable inquiries at off-campus recruiting activities.
- Manages high school territory by developing and building rapport with a variety of departments. Schedules and conducts presentations in appropriate classes.
- Delivers multimedia presentations at collegefairs and high schools.
- Participates in appropriate recruitment and enrollment events, which include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Office days to be conducted on campus, including summer non-production time.
- Conducts campus tours and on-campus high school field trips.
- Manages recruitment efforts at college fairs and NACAC events.
- Assists with Open House planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least 1 year related experience (admissions, retail sales, entertainment, and/or technical recruitment) or a combination of the above.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, current entertainment industry and Columbia College Hollywood information and all presentation materials when delivering multimedia presentations.
- Employs good qualifying techniques to help meet enrollment goals
This person possesses strong interpersonal skills as well as a passion for film and education. In the fall, the person will travel locally and nationally to attend college fairs, conferences, and conduct presentations at high schools and community colleges. Public speaking and interpersonal communication are of the utmost importance.
EXTRA: This position also is very involved in on campus events, planning OpenHouse, New Optics Film Festival, and Film Mad Libs. The Outreach Representative qualifications entail ability to work independently in scheduling presentations, giving group tours and articulating the positive aspects of our curriculum, culture and community to prospective students and parents. I am also looking for people who like to work collaboratively and creatively on a team.)
Columbia College Hollywood is a non-profit, regionally accredited, four-year Liberal Arts College offering degrees in creative media. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401(k) plan. Qualified applicants for employment with criminal histories are considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Please do not call, email, or visit the campus to inquire about this position. Applicants that do not fit the requirements of the position listed above will not be considered. At present, there are no openings for instructors who do not possess a master’s degree or higher.
Columbia College Hollywood is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- related experience admissions, retail sales, entertainment,: 2 years
Required work authorization: