L.A. Dance Project
Los Angeles, CA
L.A. Dance Project, a small but high-profile Los Angeles arts organization, seeks a PART-TIME BOOKKEEPER to organize and manage the office’s finances.
The part-time bookkeeper will report directly to the Executive Director and work with the company’s accountant to manage the review of multiple accounts, including reconciliation of bank and credit card transactions, preparing and submitting payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, tracking income and expenses, helping with project and organizational budgeting, and preparing relevant reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and implementing internal controls and financial workflow processes in small-to-midsize non-profit organizations. Must be well-versed in double-entry book-keeping, have knowledge of multiple financial software platforms and tools including Xero, Quickbooks, HubDoc, Receipt Bank and others. Must also have excellent organizational skills and an ability to work on a variety of tasks with a strong work ethic matched only by their flexibility, and sense of humor!
• Manage and process payroll transactions twice a month.
• Manage invoicing and accounts receivable, track expenses and documentation utilizing Xero, HubDoc and Receipt Bank.
• Reconciling bank and credit card transactions, identifying discrepancies and working with E.D. to resolve.
• Perform weekly and monthly review and reconciliation of accounts with the Executive Director
• Support Executive Director and Accountant to prepare reports for quarterly and annual tax filing, annual audit, etc.
• Minimum 3+ years previous bookkeeping experience for a small to mid-size firm preferred; non-profit or working in an arts environment would be ideal
• Proficiency with Xero, Quickbooks, HubDoc, Receipt Bank and financial software applications, MS Office.
• Exceptional follow-through skills and ability to multi-task; meticulously organized and detail-oriented
• Maintain a high degree of sensitivity with extremely confidential information
• Flexible and able to shift gears spontaneously!
ABOUT L.A. DANCE PROJECT
L.A. Dance Project is a platform for the development, creation, support and presentation of world-class dance in Los Angeles. Comprised of an internationally acclaimed dance company, a brand-new performance space in Los Angeles’ burgeoning Arts District and a program of media initiatives, LADP promotes dance not only as an artistic practice but as a way of being in the world. LADP seeks to foster dance-centered artistic collaborations across all disciplines, cultures and communities in Los Angeles and around the globe.
Since its founding, L.A. Dance Project’s company has toured and given master classes at international venues and festivals including the Holland Festival, the Edinburgh International Festival, La Maison de la Danse, the Saitama Arts Center, Sadler’s Wells Theatre, Shanghai and Bejing Opera House and Theatre du Chatelet. In the US, the company has performed at venues including Jacob’s Pillow, Brooklyn Academy of Music and New York City Center. In its home city of Los Angeles the company has performed at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall, MOCA, Union Station, The Theatre at Ace Hotel, and The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. L.A. Dance Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com