Heidi Duckler Dance
Los Angeles, CA
Heidi duckler dance (HDD) creates site-specific performances that transform non-traditional spaces, providing learning opportunities and engaging diverse communities, in the belief that the arts can change our vision of the world and of ourselves. HDD is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in the fashion district of Downtown LA, founded in 1985.
Reporting to the Artistic/Executive Director, the Development Manger is responsible for
planning, organizing, and directing all of Heidi Duckler Dance fundraising including,
spearheading major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and
capital campaigns. The Development Manager works closely with The Artistic/Executive
Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
· Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective
communications and long term relationships with them.
· Grow a major gifts program including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of
· Serve as the main contact for individual donors (including the Membership and
Leadership Circle members)
· Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
· Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
· Lead grant research, proposal writing, and reporting for Arts Education opportunities.
· Coordinate fundraising special events.
· Oversee prospect research.
· Serve as the point person for the Board of Directors & Board finances and process
monthly Board Dues
· Act as liaison between Artistic/Executive Director and audience/VIP’s/potential donors
· Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
· Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
· Maintain and grow gift recognition programs.
· Attend any required Professional Development trainings, meetings, and conference
calls as needed.
· Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
· Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in relevant area highly preferred
· Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift
· A minimum of two years of administrative experience in the arts and/or at a non-profit
· Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills; bilingual a plus
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines at once
· General office administration and computer skills, including but not limited to
proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites and Google Drive applications
· Experience with OvationTix or other patron tracking software preferred
· Access to reliable transportation and ability to make site visits outside of the office, as
well as attend HDD productions and events on weekends/evenings
Commensurate with experience; this is a part-time position for immediate hire.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to HDD’s Artistic Director
Heidi Duckler at [email protected] For any questions, please email or call 213-536-
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance, please visit us online at: