David Kordansky Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
David Kordansky Gallery is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented candidate to fill the part-time position of Preparator. Applicants for the part-time Preparator role should expect to work a regular three-day per week schedule, with flexibility for additional scheduled hours as needed.
- Install and de-install artworks for exhibitions, art fair presentations, photo shoots, and private viewings
- Properly pack artworks for storage or outgoing shipments
- Properly unpack artworks for condition reporting or installation
- Assist in the local collection and delivery of artworks, using the gallery’s shuttle truck
- Assist in maintaining proper storage procedures for artwork, including labeling, organization, and handling practices
- Participate in general facilities maintenance projects, such as paint touch-ups, window cleaning, etc as needed and instructed
- Assist the registrarial team in maintaining clear and up-to-date ArtBase records of inventory
- Prior experience working as a preparator and handling a variety of artwork in a contemporary art gallery, auction house, or institutional setting
- Knowledge and understanding of artwork handling best practices
- Ability to work with and understand the handling requirements for artworks in various media, including sculptures, paintings, ceramics, works on paper, photographs, multimedia, etc.
- Knowledge of basic crating/packing materials and methods
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Prior experience condition reporting works
- Prior experience driving box trucks up to 16 feet preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Preparator” via email to email@example.com. No phone or walk-in inquiries, please.